ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
THE SECOND YOUNG VIETNAMESE SCIENTISTS MEETING
July 25 - 28, 2007
- Hanoi University of Technology (HUT), Ministry of Education and Training
- National Center of Technological Progress (Nacentech), Ministry of Science and Technology
- Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF)
The second “Young Vietnamese Scientists Meeting 2007” (YVSM07) will be organized in combination with the second “International Conference on the Development of Biomedical Engineering” at Hanoi University of Technology, 1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi, Vietnam from July 25 – 28, 2007. Young Vietnamese scientists presently studying and/ or working in the areas of Biomedical Engineering and related fields at any educational or research institutions inside or outside of Vietnam are invited to participate in this event. No conference fee is required of participants. The meeting will be conducted in English.
- To encourage young Vietnamese scientists to study and conduct research in Biomedical Engineering and related fields in Vietnam.
- To create a forum for exchanging and discussing experiences and results from studies, training, and research activities among young Vietnamese scientists and world renown scientists in Biomedical Engineering.
- To provide opportunities for young scientists to present their studies and research in Biomedical Engineering and related fields.
- To help young Vietnamese scientists understand more about the VEF fellowship program and about pursuing graduate degrees and doing research in the United States.
This meeting intends to highlight the latest progress in research, education, and entrepreneurship in biomedical engineering and related fields. The topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Scientific research: Medical Imaging, Regenerative Medicine, Medical Instrumentations, Biotechnology, Biomechanics, Bioinformatics, Biometrics, Tissue Engineering, Healthcare Information Technology, Biomedical Ethics, Rehabilitation Engineering, Surgical Technology, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Molecular and Cellular Biology in Medicine, Medical Genetics and Immunology and related fields.
- Education models: Undergraduate and graduate curriculum development (infrastructure, difficulties encountered, advantages and disadvantages, costs of developments), university-hospital-industry relationship, ABET
- Entrepreneurship: Legal regulations (FDA); technology transfer/intellectual property: (EIR,MTA, CDA, CTA, CRADA, patent, license), government research funding institutions (NSF, NIH including SBIR and STIR), private research funding institutions, venture capitalism, professional societies: IEEE, ASME, AIMBE.
- Models for Vietnam: Suggested solutions for Vietnam, cooperation projects among scientists.
- Registration and abstract submission: April 15, 2007
- Acceptance notification: May 15, 2007
- Full paper submission: May 31, 2007
Please fill in the Form for Registration and Abstract Submission which is available at http://projects.vef.gov/yvsm/application
The Organizing Committee will consider providing accommodation and meals during the meeting for Vietnamese students, who come from outside Hanoi to participate. Priority will be given to students submitting scientific papers. Financial support will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis.HONORABLE CHAIRMAN
- General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Professor Hoang Van Phong, Minister of Science and Technology
- Prof. Hoang Ba Chu Hanoi, University of Technology, Vietnam
- Prof. Phan Xuan Dung, National Center for Technological Progress, Vietnam
- Prof. Vo Van Toi, Vietnam Education Foundation, USA
For more information on the meeting and conference, please visit http://bktech.hut.edu.vn/hoithao/Ys/announcement.htm or contact:
Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF)
Hanoi Towers, Suite 502
49 Hai Ba Trung Street
Tel: +84 4 9363670
Fax: +84 4 9363672